Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day

As much as I hate the cold, I have to admit that all this snow really is beautiful. That is, until it gets driven and walked on and becomes black and dirty. But right now, it's untouched and crunchy and glittery, and I am enjoying it because we haven't seen snow like this since 1996. And I'm appreciating it because I now vow to make this my last winter in Pennsylvania. Or at least for a long time. I can't handle the winters here. The extreme cold is just simply painful, and uncomfortable, and inconvenient. I want warm breeze and warm sun and easier clothes. So that's what I'll get.
The restaurant was closed today and it was nice to have a break. I went outside to go sledding at the art museum, which was great. We didn't have sleds, so we used baking sheets, but they worked just fine! The art museum looked beautiful and all around it too. It's surrounded by trees and it looked so gorgeous and I even saw a bird and a squirrel which I thought was adorable of course. Once you step away from all the commotion at the steps, it is quiet and peaceful and almost as if you are in the middle of a meadow instead of in a city at a museum with lots of loud people. It was serene, and it felt good. I wish I had my camera, but then again it's good I didn't because I probably would have dropped it in the snow and destroyed it.
My scuba class was also cancelled, but I did have my spanish class last night. Which, by the way, is going wonderfully. I've only has two classes, but I absolutely love it! It's fun but it's also hard work. In fact, I should be studying now.

No comments:

Post a Comment