Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nothing Exciting

Like many of the days on counter, this one was relatively uneventful. The only thing I can remember about the day is the fact that Jen was upset about something that happened the night before, and my day was full of unsuccessful and pitiful attempts to try and make her feel better. Then, I left early to go thrift store shopping with Georgette, which was great! We went to a new thrift store are 8th and Wolf and I got a couple things, some for myself and some for my Christmas pollyanna, but one of the amazing things I got was a fantastic pair of gloves which I am very excited about and already used tonite when I rode my bike. By the way, what I did tonite after shopping and eating at Melrose diner with Georgette was I went to the free library because Julie Powell was there and had a lecture and book signing. It was really wonderful. And I think she is really a wonderful person. I love the fact that she was a horrible public speaker; she stuttered, hesitated, seemed confused and absentminded at moments, and just could not speak off the cuff smoothly at all. BUT, just because someone is bad at speaking in front of a crowd, does not mean they can't be an eloquent, honest, and entertaining writer. It was refreshing to see that a normal nerd of a person could have success with her writing, that her blog seven years ago resulted in two novels, one of which was turned into a movie, with Meryl Streep no less! (Not that I'm suggesting this blog would ever be a novel, no way.)
Anyway, one last thing about counter that just popped into my head. Remember the matzoh ball soup incident? Yeah, well, today, I learned that matzoh ball soups are no longer going in the wide, shallow bowls they've went in for the past however many months, including the day I tilted one slightly, resulting in spilled soup on some guy's lap. They are now going in regular bowls. Similar to the shape of a cereal bowl, making it impossible to spill! Now, I have no idea how this sudden decision came to happen, but I'm thinking it had to do with my boss witnessing me spilling soup because of that kind of bowl. So at least something good came of my unfailing clutzyness--no more annoying unpractical soup bowls!

No comments:

Post a Comment